WORDS OF WISDOM






No Fear, written by the legendary golfer Gary Player, is one of my favourite books that I go back to time and time again. Gary shares this verse which I think is both beautiful and wise. As this is the Easter-Weekend a time of renewal and re-birth, I would like to share it with you. I hope that you find it as inspirational as I do.



                            "I've always got a reason".
                             None shall sleep.
                             But when he does, it is to a silent prayer.
                             I asked for strength.
                            And God gave me difficulties to make me strong. 
                            I prayed for wisdom.
                           And God gave me problems to solve.
                          I asked for prosperity.
                          And God gave me brains and strength to work.
                          I prayed for courage.
                          And God gave me dangers to overcome.
                          I asked for love.
                          And God gave me opportunities.
                          I asked for humility.
                        And God gave me experiences not to be proud of.
                         I asked God to grant me patience.
                        And God said "No".
                        He said that patience is the product of tribulation.
                        It is not granted. It is earned.
                        I asked God to spare me pain.
                       And God said "No".
                       He said, "suffering draws you apart from worldly cares
                      And brings you closer to me".
                       I received nothing I wanted.
                      I received everything I needed.
                     My prayers have been answered.





Photo courtesy of Ashley Hall at Pearl Wanderings
  

No comments:

Post a Comment