MAKING EACH DAY COUNT: LIVING THE LIFE YOU DESIRE


L
"The best way to predict the future is to create it". Peter Druker

I remember watching my brother and his wife one day when I was going through a difficult patch and thinking to myself, "you know life works so well for them, they really do have life nailed". Then it occurred to me that they have life nailed because they have made life work well for them.They are where they are because they have planned, set goals and then they have gone to work on their plans. The result is a pretty good life. So completely unbeknownst to them they taught me some valuable lessons on how to take your life in the direction that you want it to go. I say thank you.

Below are some of these valuable life lessons that they have taught me.





They plan and know their why.

They plan. They set goals and then they plan how they are going to accomplish those goals. Those goals have ranged from investment properties paid in full, to taking a years sabbatical to travel with their daughter, to  my sister- in-law having just completed her law degree and starting her articles.


They take action

 Once they have put a plan into place, they act upon it,and continue the necessary action with discipline and consistency until their goal is achieved. They know that a dream needs to be acted upon.



They are willing to pay the price.

They are willing to pay the necessary price to make their dream or goal a reality. Often our plans and dreams fall by the wayside as reality kicks in and we begin to realize that our dream life is not going to happen without some sacrifice and dedication. Lets be honest, very little if anything that is really worth having comes easy. It takes some sacrifice, work and discipline.



They make each day count

As they work towards their goals, they continue to make each day count. Enjoying life does not stop because they have a goal and are focused on making it happen. They still find pleasure in everyday life and make each day count.





I would like to end with a quote. When I told them that I would like to share the lessons that I had learned from them, I asked if they had an ultimate dream or goal in life for now? Here is their answer.


 "Not sure if  we have an ultimate dream or goal. If anything we just want to live a life that is full and interesting. My one insight into life has been that the vast majority of ones life is lived on the day to day and so we have sought to make that day to day as alive as possible".



Each on of us is unique with dreams unique and special to us. What is your most precious dream, and what price are you prepared to pay to make it a reality? My wish for you is that you live an extraordinary life.




No comments:

Post a Comment