THE ROAD AHEAD: WHAT DO YOU REALLY WANT?





When you think about what you really want to do and accomplish, how do you feel? Does it excite you, scare you, or a little of both? When I think about what it is that I want to achieve I get both excited and butterflies at the same time. These little thoughts start to go through my head" yes, you can do it", "but what if I can't"? and back and forth they go.

Success can be scary as different thoughts and scenarios enter our mind.  How will this person react to it? How will I react to it? What if my friends don't like my new success? and so it goes on. But you know what? I truly believe that we were not put on this earth to just live small. When we accomplish things there is a ripple effect that benefits others,often in ways that we could never have imagined.

Here is an exercise that I did recently and I invite you to do the same. Ask yourself this question.
What do I want? What do I really really want, and how do I go about getting it? Then sit quietly with your pen and paper and work it out. You deserve to live the life that you want.

This poem by Marianne Williamson says it all perfectly. I hope it inspires you.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is not our darkness, but our light that frightens us.
We ask ourselves "Who am I to be so brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?
Actually, who are we not to be?
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us;
It is in everyone!
And as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear our presence automatically liberates others!



No comments:

Post a Comment