A GOOD READ




  I love to read. I am an avid reader and I read constantly. I believe every home should have a good selection of books. Not just for decoration but to read. My bookshelves are full of different topics that interest me, history, photography, self-development, and biographies which are my favourite. Yes, I put my hands up, there is also a fair collection of novels too.


I would like to share with you three books that are among my favourite with regard to business, leadership and life.









Christ Gardner: Start Where You Are. As you can tell from the photo this book has been well and truly used. It is my go to book every time. The title spoke to me, Start Where You Are. Chris Gardner has faced many difficult challenges on his journey to becoming a successful stockbroker,  multimillionaire, and philanthropist. Among these challenges includes a prolonged period of time of he and his son being homeless. In this book he shares 44 life lessons that have helped take him from where he was, to where he wanted to be and beyond. These life lessons will be valuable to anyone who is looking for a way to get from where you are now to where you want to be.







Gary Player: No Fear. Gary Player is one of the greats of the golfing world, as well as a very successful businessman with a number of very successful business's under his belt. In this book he combines the two; sport and business to show how the same principles of mental power, attitude, and focus that he needed and used as a world champion golfer, are the same principles that he has used to build his business empire. The lessons he shares will serve you well in any area of your life. It gives a great insight into the mind of a champion.What it takes to be a winner.







Gordon Tredgold:  Leadership: Its a marathon not a sprint.This is one of my more recent additions and I like this book a lot. Gordon shares a lot of wisdom with each mile he runs. It is well written and easy to read. You read it and you get it.  Boom. Gordon specializes in Transformational Leadership and in this book he shares; how he took the same leadership principles that serve him so well in business, and applied them to his planning and preparation to run a marathon. Something that he had never done before, and at which he succeeded. Although I have read it right through on more than one occasion, I find myself constantly going back to different chapters, or should I say in the case of this book, miles to re-read them. There are 26 chapters (miles), and each chapter consists of a different leadership principle, which makes dipping in and out of the book easy to do,



3 comments:

  1. All good advice I am quite sure even to someone like me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Shelley. All the best with your blog.
    Cheers, Mojisola
    Www.mojintouch.com

    ReplyDelete